Directv had the Netflix app on their boxes early last year, but since then they have removed it.
Betty Hamilton’s answer is on point for some options to use.
The other option to consider is using a smart TV that can link to your home internet via WIFI.
They all come with Netflix apps installed right on the TV itself.
How can I get Netflix on a non smart TV?
Haven’t invested in a smart TV? Don’t count yourself out of the Netflix scene.
- Through a video game console (Xbox, Playstation and Wii U)
- Through Google Chromecast.
- Try using Apple TV.
- Connect a tablet or computer directly to your television.
How can I put Netflix on my TV?
Suggested clip · 65 seconds
How to watch Netflix on your TV – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
What devices can I use to watch Netflix on my TV?
Connect to Netflix using your favorite devices.
- Streaming Media Players.
- Smart TVs.
- Game Consoles.
- Set-top Boxes.
- Blu-ray Players.
- Smartphones & Tablets.
- PCs & Laptops.
How do you download apps on DirecTV?
Tips to make the most of your App features
- Download the DIRECTV App on your mobile device or tablet.
- Select “Watch on iPhone (or whatever device you are using)”
- Tap “Watch your DVR” on the homepage.
- Click “ON DVR” to view your DVR playlist.
- Select a program then click “Download”