Your Fire TV stick needs regular updates to keep your device secure and provide it with the latest firmware.
Thankfully, the team at Amazon made the process simple for us.
You will need an internet connection for this update to work, and be sure your device is connected before proceeding.
How do you know when your Firestick needs to be updated?
Here’s how you perform an Amazon Fire TV update:
- Select Settings (on the right-hand side of the menu bar)
- Tap down once, scroll to the right, then select Device.
- Select About.
- Scroll down, then select Software Version.
- Select Check for System Update.
Do Firesticks wear out?
do these sticks wear out? Of course they wear out, but not that fast. Just reset your fire stick by holding down the Back button and the Right button on your Fire TV remote for 10 seconds until the reset screen pops up.
How do you update your fire stick?
How To Update Firestick/Fire TV
- From the main menu, Hover over Settings and scroll to the right to Click My Fire TV.
- Click About.
- Scroll down and click Install System Update (If your device has already installed the update, it will read “Check for System Update”)
- Wait for the software installation to finish.
How long does fire stick take to update?
Installing the update will take from 5-15 minutes, depending on your internet connection.