Can I watch Freeview without an aerial?
Freeview is a service that delivers live TV via a TV aerial and is not yet currently available over the internet.
The same is true for Freesat TV’s without a satellite dish connected.
What you will be able to do is to watch catch up TV or TV on demand.
How can I get TV channels without an antenna?
Here are a few ways to watch and stream local TV.
- Install an HD Antenna. One of the simplest ways to watch local channels without cable is to simply purchase an antenna.
- Watch online.
- Install major networks’ apps.
- Get Sling TV.
- Watch local TV on FuboTV.
- Install local TV stations apps.
- Watch on YouTube.
- Subscribe to YouTube TV.
Do you need an aerial for a TV with built in Freeview?
All TVs since 2010 come with Freeview built in so once you have unpacked the TV and set it on its stand/wall mount the most important thing you need is an aerial in good condition to pick up the Freeview signal. Plug the TV in and fit the batteries to the remote. Plug in the aerial and turn the TV on.
What is the best antenna for a TV without cable?
Say goodbye to your cables and consider these top-rated TV antennas that offer you HD quality channels at zero monthly fees.
- Indoor TV antenna: Winegard FlatWave Amped (model FL-5500A)
- 15 feet coaxial cable quite long and can make the room look messy.
- Indoor TV antenna: Mohu Leaf 30 Flat Antenna.