All Joey receivers automatically connect to the internet when your Hopper receiver is connected.
Connect a Joey to Wi-Fi
- Press the MENU button once or the HOME button twice, depending on your remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Internet.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Bridging.
- Select OK on the Attention 1229 pop-up.
Does wireless Joey require Internet?
The new Wireless Joey works on its own independent 802.11ac WiFi connection shared with the required Wireless Joey Access Point. No home Internet connection or router is required to enjoy the box, though your Access Point will need to be connected to a main Hopper DVR box (hardwired during installation).
How do I connect my Dish receiver to the Internet?
Connect Your ViP Receiver to the Internet
- Connect the Wi-Fi Broadband Connector to the USB port on your receiver.
- Select Setup on the Attention 396 pop-up.
- Arrow to and select your desired network.
- Select Done.
- Enter your wireless network password.
- Select Done.
- Select Done on the Information pop-up.
How do I connect my broadband to my TV?
How to connect
- find the Ethernet port on the back of your TV.
- connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your TV.
- select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings.
- select the option to enable wired internet.
- type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s buttons.
How do I link my Joey to my hopper?
Follow this guide to set up your replacement Wireless Joey receiver.
- Unpack the new Joey.
- Unplug the current receiver.
- Swap the old and new Joeys.
- Connect Joey-to-TV wiring.
- Power on the Joey.
- On the Joey, press the Select button.
- On the Access Point, press the WPS button.
- Look for the Installation Wizard.