- How do I retune my TV with built in Freeview?
- How do I set up Freeview on my TV?
- Does my TV have built in Freeview?
- Do I need to retune my Freeview TV?
- How do I get my channels back on Freeview?
- Why is my TV not finding any channels?
- What is the difference between Freeview and Freeview play?
- What is the Freeview app?
- Can I get Freeview without an outside aerial?
How do I set up Freeview?
- Connect your antenna cable to the TV.
- Power the TV on (making sure it’s plugged into the wall socket).
- Tune in the channels. Different brands have different menus for tuning, but usually you can find this in the Menu or Settings.
- You should now have all the 20 or more TV and radio stations available to you.
How do I retune my TV with built in Freeview?
Suggested clip 101 seconds
How to retune any other Freeview TV – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I set up Freeview on my TV?
To set up your Freeview box:
- Plug your aerial lead into the circular aerial socket at the back of your Freeview box.
- Plug your SCART or HDMI cable into the respective sockets in your TV.
- Turn your TV on using your TV remote control.
- Switch your Freeview box on.
- You’re now ready to start tuning.
Does my TV have built in Freeview?
If you’re unsure, please contact the manufacturer of your TV and provide the serial number / model number of your TV to find out if your flat-panel TV has Freeview|HD built-in. Contact details for manufacturers of Freeview Approved TVs can be found on the Approved Products page.
Do I need to retune my Freeview TV?
Some equipment will retune automatically – but if you find you are missing channels on or after this date, you’ll need to retune your Freeview TV or set-top box* to get them back. If you’re still missing services after completing a full retune, see the FAQs section below.
How do I get my channels back on Freeview?
Missing Freeview channels (channels between numbers 1-199)
- Press the YouView button on your remote, and choose Settings.
- Go to TV Signal and Quality and select Restore Hidden Channels.
Why is my TV not finding any channels?
First check that your TV is set to the correct Source or Input, try changing the Source or Input to AV, TV, Digital TV or DTV if you haven’t already. If your “No Signal” message is not due to incorrect Source or Input being selected, then it’s most likely caused by a set up or antenna fault.
What is the difference between Freeview and Freeview play?
Freeview is just the standard, traditional linear TV service. Freeview Play combines linear TV via your TV aerial with on-demand and catch-up TV from BBC, ITV, C4, C5, CBS and UKTV on Smart TVs and boxes, plus from late 2019, the new BritBox service via your internet connection.
What is the Freeview app?
Freeview app comes to Android. Freeview’s mobile app has been released in a new version for Android. It’s available to devices running Android 4.4 KitKat and above. Live channels can be streamed from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 as well as on demand content from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, and UKTV Play.
Can I get Freeview without an outside aerial?
If you do not have a TV aerial and wanted to watch Freeview in the UK or Soarview Ireland through your new Smart digital TV connected to the internet via WIFI or Ethernet cable. Freeview is a service that delivers live TV via a TV aerial and is not yet currently available over the internet.