How do I connect my TV to directv?
Steps to connect the DIRECTV Genie HD DVR to the TV.
- Connect the DIRECTV Genie™ HD DVR to the main TV. Power on the TV using the TV remote control. Connect the HDMI cable to the Genie HD DVR and the main TV. Set the TV to the input being used .
- Connect the DIRECTV Genie HD DVR to other TVs. ( Optional) If you are using a DIRECTV® Ready TV. NOTES:
What do you do if your TV says no signal directv?
If you cannot locate the red reset button or your receiver does not have one:
- Unplug the receiver’s power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds then plug it back in.
- Press Power on the front panel of your receiver and wait for your receiver to reboot.
Can you use an antenna with directv?
To watch antenna TV, you’ll switch the input from DIRECTV to your OTA antenna. While you can watch local TV, you won’t be able to record it with your DIRECTV DVR setup. To record live TV broadcasts, you’ll need to use an antenna receiver with DVR capabilities.
Does directv have Netflix?
Actually, you don’t get Netflix “ON” DirecTV. You subscribe to Netflix (about $9.00 per month, more or less) and you purchase a device to stream Netflix through. Once you have the ROKU or APPLETV device connected, you can stream SEVERAL “channels” and Netflix is one it you subscribe.
Do you need a cable outlet for directv TV?
The tv does not need a cable specific port. Most tvs list their coax as TV or ANT. Directv HD or HDDVRs connect by HDMI primarily as that is the HD connection.