Staple Telangana foods
Telangana in its cuisine, there is special place for roti’s made from millets, such as jonna rotte (sorghum), sajja rotte (penisetum), or Sarva Pindi” and Uppudi Pindi (broken rice).
In Telangana a gravy or curry is called Koora and Pulusu (Sour) in based on Tamarind.
What is the traditional food of Telangana?
Kodi pulusu and Mamsam (meat) vepudu are popular dishes in meat. Gutthi Vankaya (Brinjal), Aloogadda (potato) koora & fry are some of the many varieties of vegetable dishes. Telangana palakoora is a spinach dish cooked with lentils eaten with steamed rice and rotis.
What is the famous of Telangana?
1. Charminar, Hyderabad. Charminar is beyond doubt, the most popular Tourist Place in Telangana. Located at the heart of the City of Nizams, Charminar has many stories depicting the intent behind its construction.
What is Hyderabad famous for in food?
Hyderabadi Biryani is one of the most popular dishes of the city. It is distinctly different from other variations of the Biryani, originating from the kitchens of the Nizams of Hyderabad. It is a celebration dish of basmati rice and mutton, along with yoghurt, onions and various spices.
What is famous food in Andhra Pradesh?
Food of Andhra Pradesh
- Pulihora. Source. An exotic version of tamarind rice, also known as Chitrannam, is enriched with spicy flavours to give it a sour and salty taste at the same time.
- Chepa Pulusu. Source.
- Gongura Pickle Ambadi. Source.
- Pesarattu. Source.
- Andhra Chicken Biryani. Source.
- Gutti Vankaya Koora. Source.
- Punugulu. Source.
- Curd Rice. Source.