Unplug the power cord of your DISH receiver (typically has a red tag) from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
If you have a Hopper & Joey system, unplug the power cord of the Hopper (larger receiver).
The reset process my take up to 5 minutes to complete.
Why are some of my dish channels not working?
To perform a power reset, unplug the receiver from the power outlet for 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. The power cord usually has a red tag, so you can easily identify it. If you are still experiencing an issue, please chat with us online at mydish.com/chat or call us at 1-800-333-3474.
How do I reset my Joey?
Reset your Joey
Go to the room with the smaller Joey receiver. On the front of the Joey, hold the Power button down for about 5 seconds. The reset process may take up to 5 minutes to complete.
How do I reboot my Dish TV?
How-To: Reset Your Dish TV HD Set Top Box for Better Performance [With Pictures]
- Step 1: On your set-top box remote, press and hold the “Menu” button.
- Step 2: In this menu, select the “System Setup” menu item and press “OK”.
- Step 3: In the “System Setup” menu screen, select the “Erase EPG” menu item and press “OK”.
How do I link my Joey to my hopper?
Follow this guide to set up your replacement Wireless Joey receiver.
- Unpack the new Joey.
- Unplug the current receiver.
- Swap the old and new Joeys.
- Connect Joey-to-TV wiring.
- Power on the Joey.
- On the Joey, press the Select button.
- On the Access Point, press the WPS button.
- Look for the Installation Wizard.